jueves, 30 de enero de 2014

Celebrating New Year

Once more, we had to work on that day!
But my colleague and I also had to give our talk about December traditions in México, we invited the mexican students to Join us so we made something like a posada. we talked about the different important dates in mexico (dec. 12, dec16th-24th, Christmas Eve, the equivalent of "April Fool´s day" celebrated on December 28th, and New year) and in between those dates , we talked about some regional traditions like "la rama" and "el viejo". we started at noon with the decoration of the room, the rehearsal and finally, the talk, the singing and the breaking of the piñatas!
I made about 100 small "aguinaldos" to give away, they were filled with peanuts and sunflower seeds

One of the two piñatas I made

El viejo that I made  for the day of the lecture

The mexicsan students decorating the place of the event

La rama the students would use

getting the piñatas ready

Dale, Dale, Dale, no pierdas el tino!!!!

The chinese students enjoying the piñatas


The two (or 3? viejos?)
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario