First, and before going back to the planning of my lessons, I would like to introduce you to the university where I will be teaching Spanish: Chongqing University of Science and Technology http://www.cqust.cn / (check the page , although it is written in Chinese, it does have some information in English , just click on the "english" bottom!
This university is found, together with other universities in what they call "University town" which in not so close to the downtown area... Chonqing is in the Eastern part of South West China, about 2,500km up the yangtze river from Shangai and, according to a 2008 handbook I found, it has 40 districts, cities and counties. It covers an area of 82 000 square kilometers and its population goes over 30 million , and only in the urban city of Chongqing you find over 6 million people !. Chongqing is known as the "mountain city" and so far I have seen misty mornings since my arrival....
It was kind of hot when I arrived (I guess because of the humidity) but two days ago, the temperature dropped drastically and we got low temperatures and a very light rain, but still, I had to take out the blanket that was kept in the closet for winter (I must thank claudia, the former teacher of Spanish from my university, who left that blanket and some other stuff for the "new teacher" that means ME!!!!.
And for an air view of the city... here is the link of a video that Joselyn, my cooworker, sent me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIG1yKyVwag&feature=share.... it is really nice since it includes night views!.
Hello Isa,
ResponderEliminarThanks for sharing your first experiences in Chonqing. I hope you have a wonderful time there and that you learn a lot from the culture of that country. A big hug for you from Xalapa.
Thanks Vero!
Eliminar